Friday, November 28, 2014

to the people of IIIT :)


This post is dedicated to some people I sketched during my stay in IIIT, a place I called home for 4 years... Confession: I know I need to work harder at making acccurate portraits, so forgive me for not bringing out the people properly :(



This is Rajvi, my senior at IIIT. And I sketched her on my last day at IIIT. She gave me a wonderful sketchbook as farewell gift. So this was her sketch on the first page of my new sketchbook! Rajvi, thank you for being there whenever I needed your advice and direction. You always inspire me, as a TA, as a senior, as a researcher and as a friend ! 



This is Tejaswini, one of the most energetic persons I have met. Her energy is really infectious. Although I got to know her in the last few days of being in IIIT, it is a pleasurable experience with her.. Keep spreading energy! 

This was at Lotus Pond, Hyderabad, when we went to sketch in the Anything Art Club. Tejaswini, sitting steady against the rocks while sketching, made a good subject for me. It was a great experience sitting in the serene environment, sketching in the evening with all the fellow artists. After returning, I asked myself many questions including why did not I go there before? and strangely, I did not have any answer to it! Unfortunately, I could not join the meetup again, since my last days in Hyderabad were approaching fast...


                                

Meet Praveen. I would call him the coolest guy in our lab. I remember, as I introduced him with this adjective to my friend, he literally blushed :P   I wanna say sorry for sketching you without your notice. I did not want to make you conscious and distract you from work :P On a serious note, thanks for all the help. Your composure, dedication and discipline will always inspire me.  Good luck with your research and PhD :) I am sure you are rocking!




 Meet Anusha. This is inside GH, while she was reading newspaper near guard table. As I passed by, I could quickly register her strong posture and curly hair. I was surprised at the strong image captured in my mind. And it came out pretty much like her... Girl, thanks for the company, helping me out in my work, listening to my frustration and the walks around campus and farm. The feeling is same here, I wish we were in IIIT for the same period, to combat the common enemies ... and good luck for all your endeavors!



Last but not the least, our very own BLN! One day, I watched him walking thumak thumak towards Vindhya and his image registered in my mind and here is his sketch. I think he looks slimmer here, but I seriously hope, he never finds it. I do not want to be the victim of his rage :P

4 comments: