Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Don't mess with me.



This picture of the actor Vidya Balan is a screenshot of Hindi movie Ishqiya. Although I have not watched the movie, I love its songs (Listen to Dil to baccha hai ji by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan)and love the expressions of Vidya that are so natural and makes us connect to the emotion instantly.  So on one irritable moment, I decided to sketch this portrait of hers. Liked the tough yet gentle look on her face. It was a difficult task and required a whole day and not to mention, lot of patience. Hmm...so I decided to do a particular portion everyday and won't spend more than half-an hour to complete that portion. The entire plan was clear in my head, where to start, where to end, how much time which portion will take...everything. And I completed the portrait on time! I wish, I could do such meticulous and spontaneous planning for my work... The portrait looked lady like and real, but not like Vidya Balan...Many could guess it though...but, yeah...I need to work more on facial features...

2 comments:

  1. But, you have worked very well! As you said you planned the sketch. I hope it helped to a extent to polish planning capability in you. Planning is also important for life along with dreaming and letting life go unplanned sometimes!

    ReplyDelete