Friday, January 4, 2013

the blend of moods






These are the few sketches I did at different point of times when I was in a bad mood, just to lighten myself up. The first two were done using oil pastels and the last two using sketch pens. I loved the way the pastel colours blended with each other smoothly and softly allowing me to experiment with variety of strokes. The sketch pens let me make textures and sharp points. Well, as I said earlier, each of them managed to magically lighten up my mood :) When I shared them with my friends, I got some amazing comments that surprised me and made me look at them again.

4 comments:

  1. At last you got some colours in your paintings. I will comment on the meanings later on. now i am enjoying the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how are you?
    What brand of pastels are you using and what paper? I cannot get my pastels to blend so smoothly. Did you use any medium? - Thrupthi :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thrupthi, I am fine :) Thank you. How are you doing? I use "oil pastels", I think it is camlin. You can check out faber castel too.. if you are using wax crayons then they dont smooth so well. You can try "soft pastels" too.. they are like chalks, colored chalks... Good luck :)

      Delete