Thursday, October 8, 2015

#inktober sketch1


Thanks my fellow urban sketchers April and Smita, I am also in for inktober :) Although I started 6 days late, I hope I will catch up by making 31 ink sketches by the end of October.

A little about Inktober. It was an initiative by an artist Jake Parker who started the idea of inking once everyday for entire october month ( http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober ) . Isn't it simple and amazing!

So here is my aim for Inktober,

  1. I will draw for 15 minutes everyday.
  2. I will try to expect less from myself.
  3. I will be more regular on the blog ...
Enough of motivation now... Lets know a little about this sketch ... This sketch is that of a cute purple colour mini-orchid plant I have at my workspace.  Its cute and pretty tough too... The flowers are blooming for more than a month now...

One more confession, I started sketching the plant because I thought this is the simplest thing that I could think of at that moment. But nope, it was not so easy ... Don't ever underestimate plants and their texture...

Anyway, looking forward to do more and surprise myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment