Friday, October 9, 2015

#inktober sketch3



After last night's blog, many pictures kept popping up in my head. When I woke up this morning, this picture was alive and was demanding me to sketch it right away. 

I took some 20 minutes to sketch it. The exciting thing about this sketch is that I used a fountain pen, the old-styled calligraphy pen which one has to keep dipping in ink while writing. The feeling while drawing was awesome. I was amazed by how long the nib could hold the ink... 

This sketch impressed me on how much I have improved on figure drawing. I managed to draw clean lines in one go, and nice proportions. Yes, there were two mistakes that are obvious to me. First, the ink bled near the elbow. A note to self to be careful about bleeding for ink pen drawing. I did forget to sketch the fingers initially, but I would consider that a minor mistake.  Looks like the MFA drawing sessions and Urban sketchers Boston Meetup are doing their magic !

Feeling the pressure tonight, and the want to give up is lurking somewhere close ... Tomorrow, do not let me disappoint you :)

4 comments:

  1. Excellent improvement. Keep learning. Your drawings connect my mind to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you nani.. I don't know what to say, its nice and surprising to know that my drawing have that effect on you...

      Delete
  2. Hi swagatika..This is Manini here. i don't know whether you remember me or not..i remember you. Great work indeed.keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manini! Thanks for liking my posts. Of course I remember you! I am sorry, I missed your comment. Here I am coming across it after many years :P take care :)

      Delete