Friday, September 16, 2011

Happily living in their small world...


This sketch was my first serious attempt to observe the real world and try to put it on a sheet of paper. I have copied it from a page of the magazine "Down to earth". While making it, my main focus was on the darker and lighter shades of the scene, the clothing of the people, the depth of the scene and the texture of the background. I think, I lack in giving lively expressions in the faces, which I am trying hard to improve upon... :)

Now...come to the story. This is the sketch I took the longest time to complete. I don't have the thing called 'patience' that is essential for an artist. I started it in 2006 summer, during my internship. I had got a very nice room-mate, who helped me a lot during my stay with her. She had given me some magazines before leaving. I liked the photo from 'Down to Earth' because of its humble surroundings and started sketching. But, I stopped as soon as I was done with the foreground ,i.e., the mother, the child and the baby...You can say I was tired, bored or lazy...anything will do. :) And..finally I finished it last year, when I was back to be a student 'again' from the hectic job life. Yes! I resumed my hobby with this sketch! :)

4 comments:

  1. nice writeup, and obviously very nice sketching also..

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you started. Everyone should be a student the whole life. And everyone forgets it as soon as possible. Thinks that he/she knows everything and need not know more. Pursuing a hobby, although most desirable, is the most difficult thing to start. Congratulations for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right...I felt the same when I did it . thanks again

    ReplyDelete