Saturday, September 17, 2011

sketched her sketching...

I am glad I went with my friend to accompany her for the workshop she was attending. I sat there as she was sketching and I started sketching her to kill time. I would say, this is my first portrait of a person. I could not get much time, so I had to do the shading part off-line, where I need to improve a lot. I love the shading I did with the hair using HB and B4 pencils.

But I disappointed her as the portrait was not exactly like her. :( Any comments regarding this is welcome. Anyway, I have promised her that I will portray her exactly in the next portrait. Hope I can do that...

There are so many things we see all the time but do not notice! I realised this while sketching her sleeves. If I had to sketch a girl out of my imagination, I would have, perhaps, drawn two almost parallel lines and think that this is sufficient. But when I did it while watching her, I could find out where I was wrong. That's what happens with us in real life too, isn't it? We do not notice so many things even if we see them and keep asking where did it all go wrong...All that we need is to slow down, stop and watch..the same things will look so different to us!


7 comments:

  1. last paragraph is very nice.. :) n yeah here on black screen, i am also lookng gud.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not notice so many things even if we see them and keep asking where did it all go wrong...All that we need is to slow down, stop and watch..the same things will look so different to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we need more than a glass to see the world. You are one of those mediums. Every detail is lovely. From the clutch in her hair to the concentration with which she is ingrossed in her work.

    ReplyDelete