Friday, September 16, 2011

sketching myself sketching...


It is a completely different experience when you watch things in front of you and try to sketch/paint them and this one was amazing. I enjoyed noticing and sketching the shapes of my hands, the folds of the fingers, the shape of nails, the shadow and, of course, the depth. I feel, fingers are the most difficult part of human body to sketch for they need so much detailed attention. Hence, this was an attempt to improve upon that aspect.

As I said, I was amazed at myself when I did it. It was a winter evening... I didn't have anything to do...so I started practising different pictures of hands from a picture book. When I was done with them, I thought I should, now, start sketching a real hand. But I didn't have anyone around me at that time...and that is when this idea came into my mind and I started sketching my hands the way they were, keeping the sheet on my lap....Only difference is that on the drawing sheet, I have put a face rather than putting my hands again (that would have been so tedious... :P I'm lazy again :P)...

6 comments:

  1. idea is novel.. i will buy this idea..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...I'll try...can you plz guide me regarding how to sketch the faces correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most important work which requires the highest effort to do. To see oneself. You started it with a part. Go ahead and explore yourself.

    ReplyDelete