Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Ang Laga De Song; Movie - Ram Leela


28 Oct 2022

 

This sensuous song has been composed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the director of the movie itself. It is from the movie Ram Leela, an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. In this song, Ram (Romeo) and Leela(Juliet) meet secretly and have a secret marriage. The song has been choreographed by Terrence Lewis, a beautiful contemporary dancer. In this particular scene, Leela (played by Deepika Padukone) performs a beautiful choreography to spread smoke around her in order to perfume herself. I loved the scene, the fluidity of her motion, the beautiful drapes of her clothes, the splendid colorful windows, and the smoke flowing everywhere creating a sensuous, and mysterious atmosphere that inspired me. Since I had just finished the previous painting when I was watching the video after a long time, I was quick to decide on this scene.

Now a little bit about the painting: I took 4 sessions to complete this. Made the rough outline first, then fine-tuned the sketch in second sitting. It took me two other sessions to paint it. First, I color-blocked different parts of the scene since the detailed scene was overwhelming me. In the next session, I added all the layers and the smoke. Contrary to my initial assumption, painting the smoke didn't take a long time. Rather, the backdrop and its details took the most of my time and energy.

In the end, I am super proud of this piece. Go checkout this beautiful song sang by Aditi Paul and Shail Hada! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment