Tuesday, August 22, 2023

It's Okay to Not be Okay - Rapunzel and the Cursed Castle

 

27 Sep 2022

This particular scene inspired me to start a media journal, where I capture scenes from visual media that intrigue and inspire me. I am super excited to start this theme!

A little bit about the scene: in this opening scene in episode 5, you see Ko Moon-Young (Sea Yea-ji) walking on the sidewalk as she approaches the lighthouse. The light beam sort of points towards her, then Moon Gang-Tae finally finds her and stops in front of her. And the beam rotates towards him gently guiding the viewers from Moon-Young to Gang-Tae. Then this scene shows with a symmetry and contrast displaying the gravity of the scene as the beautiful song "Breath" by Sam Kim starts playing in the background. So much gets packed in a scene without any words!

A little on my painting experience: This was definitely a big shift from my usual subjects. Even though I found this scene easy to sketch, painting it with the rich blend of colours, the lights and shadows, colourful reflections and contrast - was very new and challenging for me. I had to pay attention to lot of nuances that I usually don't. I am happy I learned so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment