Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Guardian: the lonely and great God (Ep. 12)

12 Oct 2022

Inspired by the previous painting, I quickly got started on this scene. This particular scene is a major plot twist. Kim Shin, the goblin and Wang Deo, the grim-reaper, the two main actors in this fantasy series, decide to confront Deok-hwa, the so-called nephew of the goblin, a childish and frivolous heir of ultra-rich businessman. As they approach him, time freezes. Deok-hwa reveals a major revelation, stunning both goblin and grim-reaper. Blue butterflies slowly start swarming around him, as camera starts rotating around Deok-hwa creating this mysterious effect. The background score is equally captivating. I was just impressed by the clever storytelling, the beautiful color contrasts in the scene, the powerful dialogues, and the brilliant visual storytelling. I am glad I finally captured this scene!

A little on my painting experience: I finished this one in 3 sittings. Got the sketch done in 1st one, then a light wash, then finally the details. I kind of took advantage of the motivation I gained with the first painting. I gave a decent look to Deok-hwa, but it does not look as good as Yook Sungjae, the actor who brilliantly played the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment